Put the *.SQL files that need to be applied to the MAX company database in a TEMP folder on the SQL Server and run the following command in a command prompt window from the TEMP folder, replacing SQL_Server and MAX_Company_Database with the correct information:
for %%G in (*.sql) do sqlcmd /S SQL_Server /d MAX_Company_Database -E -i"%%G"
MAX ERP Client Install Troubleshooting
- Go to \\YourServerName\EXACTSHARED\EXACT\EXACT\RMSERVER\NET\SETUP.EXE then click through and perform a client install. If prompted for license location select: \\ YourServerName \EXACTSHARED\EXACT\RMSERVER\lic folder
- Login to workstation
- Navigate to \\ YourServerName \EXACTSHARED\SERVERMOVE
- Execute the ServerMove.bat as Administrator
- Review the Command Prompt screen for errors. All copies should succeed.
- Log into MAX
- MAX will initiate the upgrade process by redoing the Crystal install first and then execute the MAX update on the local machine. Follow the prompts and complete and log into MAX.
1) Not a local admin on the machine (Windows – Computer)
2) .Net 3.51 not loaded in Windows (Control Panel – Windows Features)
3) Firewall is on or no exception for Port 8080 or 1433
4) Server Move bat did not copy files
5) Terminal Server: sometimes the user does not have permissions to update the needed registry settings to point to the license file for their remote session using the terminal server. MAX setting get iterated by remote session in Windows and thus need to be updated for the needed session.
- Navigate to the key >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ExactRM\Executive\DataManager\JOE-PC##Terminal##SRV-123]
Note that the key location for this users connection has the form COMPUTERNAME##Terminal##SERVERNAME
- Check the settings – they must look like this:
"ERMCompanyName"="YourMAXCompanyTextName" >> this is what you see under the company name when you log into MAX
The above is all that can really happen.
MAX Electronic Work Orders Factsheet.pdf
MAX Electronic Work Orders Factsheet.pdf
Have you heard about our new KnowledgeSync™ Entitlement Promotion? Customers who are active on their M&S are entitled to use a complimentary license of KnowledgeSync Alerts & Automation v9 Core Click here if you’re ready to get started or you’d like to learn more!
I wanted to take a moment to provide you an update and also give you some very good news. Contact me to get assistance on any of this!! Let’s get your upgrades and installations scheduled for these new updates and look at implementing critical automation to help your business! If you need help or advice on hardware, configuration or upgrades please let me know right away.
KNOWLEDGESYNC ALERTS & AUTOMATION ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM >> GO!
The KnowledgeSync v9 Entitlement Program is a free offer we are making to customers who are current on their maintenance and existing support agreement with their ERP system. The program is simple. Being a current, active user of any of our ERP systems entitles them to this application. Any customer that does already own the application can download and install the product. AMAZING!
CHECK OUT THIS LINK! https://resources.ecisolutions.com/knowledgesync-alert-automation
DO YOUR MAX UPGRADE TO 5.5.9 and DYNAMICS 2018R2 / QB 2019 ENTERPRISE!
MAX 5.5.9 is now available and has been installed at many sites with Dynamics GP 2018 or qb 2019 Enterprise. There have been a lot of backend technology upgrades done to the software to assist in its forward motion for the future, as well as the usual fixes and enhancements.
Looking forwards to hearing from you.
SELECT SS.PARPRT_02, SS.COMPRT_02, SS.EFFDTE_02 , SS.QTYPER_02,
(SELECT ‘~’ + US.NOTES_61
FROM Windows_Notes US
WHERE US.PRTNUM_61 = SS.PARPRT_02 AND US.COMPRT_61 = SS.COMPRT_02 AND US.EFFDTE_61 = SS.EFFDTE_02 AND US.TYPE_61 = ‘BM’
FOR XML PATH(”)
FROM Product_Structure SS
WHERE PARPRT_02 <> ”
GROUP BY SS.PARPRT_02, SS.COMPRT_02, SS.EFFDTE_02, SS.QTYPER_02
ORDER BY 1, 2
ECi Software Solutions, Inc.
Vince’s MAX Blog:
Office 650-286-2605, Mobile 408-335-5737
How does the POSTED_15 field in Transaction_History table work?
The field is used to indicate whether or not a transaction can be posted by the From/To Charge report and has been posted. Possible values in this field are:
Blank = Transaction has not been posted
1 = Transaction has been posted by From/To Charge report
2 = Transaction type is not posted by the From/To Charge report