Subject: Set Compatibility Level on All DBs
/* Update All DBs Compatibility Level */
2017 = 140
Azure SQL Database = 130
2016 = 130
2014 = 120
2012 = 110
2008R2 = 100
2008 = 100
2005 = 90
2000 = 80
DECLARE @SQL VARCHAR(max) = ”, @CL int =
Subject: Server Rename SQL Instance Rename
–For Default Instance
sp_addserver <new_name>, local;
–Restart the instance of SQL Server.
–/*For a renamed computer that hosts a named instance of SQL Server, run the following procedures:*/
sp_addserver <new_name\instancename>, local;
–Restart the instance of SQL Server
Subject: MAX PDF Documents have References in the Registry and in the ExaxctRMNET.ini
ExactRMNet.ini is the windows folder
Subject: Move ODBC from one workstation to another
Transfer DSN files from Computer A to Computer B:
1. On Computer A, open the Registry Editor by typing "regedit" in the Windows search box under the Start menu and selecting regedit.exe
2. Navigate to the following registry key :
· For User DSN data sources:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > ODBC
· For System DSN data sources:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > ODBC
3. Right-click on the ODBC.INI folder, choose Export, and save the .reg file to the location of your choice
4. Copy the .reg file (or files if you have both User and System DSN data sources) to any location Computer B
5. On Computer B, double click the .reg file(s) to import the DSN data sources to the registry (select "Yes" and "OK" when prompted)
Subject: Knowledge Sync Apps will not run
Likely it is these 2 files causing troubles.
STOP THE KNOWLEDGESYNC WINDOWS SERVICE
Move MSCOMCTL.OCX and COMDLG32.OCXC:\WINDOWS\syswow64
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\ MSCOMCTL.OCX 6/6/2012
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\ COMDLG32.OCX 5/7/1999
START THE KNOWLEDGSYNC WINDOWS SERVICE.
Subject: Merging Word Documents
Microsoft Word 2013:
Combine and Merge Multiple Documents While working on documents using Microsoft Office Word, sometimes users may need to combine and merge many multiple documents into one single document.
For example, when an author is writing a novel book by saving each chapter as individual documents this makes a lot of document files for a single book. When the novel is finished and completed, the author may wish to combine and merge all separate documents into one single document in order to create table of contents and indexes for the whole book in one go. To merge and combine multiple Word documents in Microsoft Word follow steps the below:
1. Create a new blank document, and then configure the page layout settings for the documents that are going to be merged. Save this document.
2. Put your cursor on the place in the document when you want the inserted files to be inserted.
3. Click Insert tab on the ribbon.
4. Click on the down arrow at the right side of Object. This is found in Text group. Click on Object and choose the Text from File… option.
5. In the Insert File dialog window, select all Word documents that you want to merge and combine into one. To select multiple files, press and hold down CTRL key while clicking on the files one by one.
6. Click on Insert button. All documents selected now merged and combined into a single document file. Remember to then save the file.
Subject: Refreshing the Management Reporter Data Mart from Windows PowerShell Using "Reset-DatamartIntegration "
REBUILD Management Reporter Datamart from Powershell:
1. Backup The ManagementReporter and Data Mart (ManagementReporterDM – default name – might be different) databases.
2. Log onto the server where the MR Server components are installed and open Powershell as Administrator.
3. Navigate to the Console folder C:\> cd ‘.\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics ERP\Management Reporter\2.1\Server\Console\’
4. Import the module by typing: Import-Module ‘.\Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Deployment.Commands.Integration.dll’ at the prompt.
5. Modify the command. Note: Replace the SERVERNAME. SQLADMINUSER and PASSWORD for each section of the command below:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics ERP\Management Reporter\2.1\Server\Console>
Reset-DatamartIntegration -Reason BADDATA -ReasonDetail “Restored database from backup” -DatamartDatabaseServer SERVERNAME -DatamartDatabaseName ManagementReporterDM -DatamartDatabaseUserName SQLADMINUSER -DatamartDatabaseUserPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString PASSWORD -AsPlainText -Force) -MRDatabaseServer SERVERNAME -MRDatabaseName ManagementReporter -MRDatabaseUserName SQLADMINUSER -MRDatabaseUserPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString PASSWORD -AsPlainText -Force)
6. The program will give you the following warning. Answer Yes by typing "Y". The DataMart refresh has executed. When the process starts, the Configuration Console will display a message that the initial integration is in progress. Once complete, you will see the message change to initial integration is complete.
— List of Company IDs
select CMPANYID, INTERID, CMPNYNAM from DYNAMICS..SY01500
— List of Product Versions for Company specified by Database
select U.*, C.INTERID, C.CMPNYNAM from DYNAMICS..DU000020 U
join Dynamics..SY01500 C on C.CMPANYID = U.companyID
where C.INTERID = ‘TWO’ — Enter desired Company DB name
order by U.PRODID
— List of Product Versions for System Database
select * from DYNAMICS..DU000020
where companyID = -32767
order by PRODID